- Understand the fundamentals of managing change by identifying the levels of change, the misconceptions about change and the importance and benefits of change, as well as recognize the behaviors and traits of a change leader, and the role of resilience during change.
- Identify the steps of a change process, analyze a change situation, choose an action while avoiding risks, create a sense of urgency, set goals, motivate employees, prevent failure, and monitor the progress of a change.
- Identify the obstacles to change including resistance and negative reactions to change, empower employees, and ease the tension caused by a change, as well as identify the causes of complacency and understand the effect of crisis during change.
- Begin managing change by encouraging creativity and commitment to change in employees, using effective communication and listening skills, and controlling the grapevine.
- Recognize the truths and misconceptions about change, differentiate between change and transition, identify the factors that affect the response to change, recognize the styles of response, and identify the strategies to manage the endings phase.
- Identify the emotions, responses, and needs experienced during the exploration phase, and the strategies to manage the exploration phase.
- Identify the information required during and the common responses to the new beginnings phase, as well as strategies to manage the new beginnings phase.
Participants to this training seminar will receive a thorough training on the subjects covered by the seminar outline with the facilitator utilising a variety of proven adult learning teaching and facilitation techniques. This training seminar is very participatory and experiential. It involves theoretical insight, awareness building and a lot of skill practice in a group setting. The training seminar methodology includes individual and group activities focused on skill development. Case Studies and presentations will highlight the major teaching features. A variety of practical sessions and group interactions are into this training.