- To equip themselves with the knowledge and tools to become effective managers.
- To learn how to adopt the right leader attitude and management style in building and driving teams.
- To define their roles as team leaders and create respect amongst subordinates and peers by walking the talk.
- To be able to communicate with all levels of personnel with confidence and professionalism.
- To use guiding principles when performing tasks, delegating duties and empowering staff.
- To create the right work climate by using the right interpersonal skills and motivation techniques to get the best out of staff.
- To understand the MACRO view of running a business unit and the mechanics that supports a business entity.
- To manage a team of people through the entire process of planning and executing projects within a tight time limit and with limited resources.
- To learn how to engage with different types of team members when giving feedback.
- To learn the right way to give positive and negative feedback.
- To learn the correct method to coach team members for better performance.
- To learn critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- The program involves short interactive lectures coupled with a series of indoor activities, assessments, management simulations and group discussions and pre and post program assignments and projects.
Executives, Assistant Manager